Hi! I haven’t had the chance to read much books this month since I was busy doing job applications, choir, piano practice, Sunday School teaching, etc.! The month of May was such a blur–I can hardly believe we’re already halfway through the year! I don’t know, this year is pretty laid-back (read: super chill) of a year so far….Nevertheless, I still have brighter hopes ahead. I wasn’t very active in this blog this month because I feel like I’ve been pressuring myself to read this book and that book. I feel like I was being too hard on myself so I had to lay-back–just a little bit. But since it’s officially June (at least here in the Philippines!) I want to keep up a more active presence. Anyhow! Here are my updates for the month of May!
Books I’ve Read
- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir
- Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park #1) by Michael Crichton
- We Were Young by Fortesa Latifi
- The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- Stitched #1 by Mariah McCourt
I still haven’t done reviews for each because, oh my, my backlog is so long! But I promise I’m going to get into them this month. Certainly, hands down, my favorite book this month is A Court of Wings and Ruin. I mean, holy cow, oh. my. Wait for my review because it’s going to be an earful! 😛 And hey, I managed to read three books out of the five from my May TBR.
- REVIEW// The Saturday Evening Girls Club by Jane Healey
- A Little Break
- Book Review: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
- Collective Book Haul (39 books, help me)
- Book Review: Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns #1) by Kendare Blake
- Notes on Jealousy
Whoa. I didn’t realize I posted six blog posts this month. That’s actually a lot in my standards. Huh. I guess that’s good. 😛
And now it’s time for my to-be-read list for the month of June! I’m hoping to read a lot because my ARC bin is just brimming and I’m being so irresponsible as a reviewer. So, publishers *sobs* forgive me, please. On to the TBR! Links forward to their Goodreads page.
Here’s what I hope to read in June:
- A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland #1) by Judith McNaught
- Difficult Women by Roxane Gay
- The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
- The Traitor’s Kiss (Traitor’s Trilogy #1) by Erin Beaty
- Macarthur by Bob Ong
- The Shack by William Paul Young
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
Well then. That’s a lot of books. Because clearly I don’t like having free time. (Hahaha!) This month is gonna be awesome! Cheers, everyone, hope you all have a GREAT June!
*Header image via Unsplash